I am participating in 90 Mile November!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

C25K: Week 2 in review

Oh boy. Let's just get down to it, shall we? We were all set for a M-W-F running schedule, but then missed

Day 1
This run was done with G and the dog around 9-10pm on Monday - the first 90 second run was TORTUROUS, I found. It seemed so much longer than a minute, but by the time we got through, I had really hit my stride - by the last run split, I felt like I could go a lot longer. I don't know if it was because I am actually getting fitter or because I got a good updraft from running at G's elbow and was going on his wind!

Day 2
I don't know why but this was another of those REALLY TOUGH runs. I ran this one with my sister on a Friday evening, a little earlier than we normally run (6-7) so the day was still warm. I think this may affect me and fully realize that eventually, if I want to actually run the 5K in the fall, I am going to have to train during other times of day besides cool evening, but for now... well, this is how I am rolling. We also went the same route that we did the last time my sister was with me -- which is opposite to where we normally go. Both trips are flat, virtually straight out-and-backs but for some reason this was tough again... maybe it is the route, too? I don't know. On our general route, about 2KM of the total running distance is on a wooden bridge, on this one, it is all paved trail - that might be the real kicker there. Anyways, I finished it. Begrudgingly!

Day 3
We were supposed to get caught up on Sunday night but I was tired and behind on housework so we did this run on Monday - so yes, a full week from the first one. It felt like a breeze - back with G and the dog on the normal bridge route. Again, I felt like I might have had more in me (even though I had a pretty heavy undigested supper sitting right about at my breastbone).

I can't say I am looking forward to another bump up. And we are behind a day. My sister already did the first day on Monday and will be doing the second day tonight when we do the first day of Week 3. She survived, so that's good news... and we will try to catch up on a weekend day. We did not run at all on Wednesday as I hurt my back at the barn the night before, but am on the mend.

I am also going to need a new pair of running shoes ASAP. I see I am wearing through the ball of the foot on the sole of my left shoe. It doesn't seem like I have been using this new pair for very long but when I put minimum 6KM/day on them (usually closer to 8 and three nights a week, another 4-5KM) five days a week, I guess the mileage adds up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment